Requirements for Membership
Membership is by application and is for anyone who shares our common love of boating, and who is interested in boating education, and participating in an atmosphere of friendship and camaraderie among members.
Active members must be at least 18 years of age; there are no age limits for family members.
The requirements are simple:
- Fill out the membership application and send it to the address below with your check. Note: Birmingham will absorb $20 for National initiation fee and passes savings on to you. Join the Birmingham Squadron and pay $89 for a single membership (Membership via USPS National site is $109 for a single membership)
- Write a check for membership fee payable to Birmingham Power Squadron or pay by cash
- Squadron Executive Committee reviews and approves your application.
- We will process your application and submit it to National for official registration
- By submitting your application you agree to contribute skills and time to the furtherment of the objectives of this organization.
- You're a member of America’s Boating Club - Birmingham Squadron - WELCOME!
Send your Application and check to:
D/1st/L David Kowalski SN,
59522 Sunridge Drive,
New Hudson, MI 48165-9665
Types of membership:
Active Member - $89 single membership - provides full membership privileges and responsibilities, which include voting, holding elective or appointed office, serving on and/or chairing a committee, earning a merit mark, attending and participating in meetings and social activities, taking educational courses, paying dues, receiving a copy of the monthly National magazine -"The Ensign"-- receiving a copy of the monthly Squadron newsletter – “The Bilge Chatter” and flying the USPS Ensign and BPS burgee. Minimum age: 18
Additional Active Member - $46 additional for Family membership - one who resides in the same household and is in the same squadron of an active member. This member enjoys all the rights and privileges of an active member. Minimum age: 18.
Apprentice Member - a dependent of an active member who resides in the same household and is between 12 - 17 years of age. An apprentice member is accorded all the privileges and responsibilities of family membership.
Note: A husband and wife may both elect to hold an active membership. There must be at least one active member per household.
To request an application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org